Saturday 21 March 2015

Leonard Nimoy

Hello There,
I apologise for being gone so long. In my defence, I've had way too much going on over the past few weeks, with tech week and performances for the play I was in, Seussical, followed directly by the SAT, followed directly by a week of Ohio Graduation Tests, also known as hell in a handbasket. (Side note, does anyone know where that phrase comes from?)
Anyway, back to business. In my absence, I have picked up a cowriter. She is writing up an intro blog right now, and we'll post it as soon as possible. Also in my absence, Leonard Nimoy died. The intense emotion of his death, coupled with my discovery of which box from the old house contained my video camera, led to me deciding that this week's post should be a video blog. I had wanted to get into video blogging (*NOTE*: I will never ever say the word "vlog". It's unnatural. I don't know why, but I hate it with a fiery passion.) a while back, and I figured that now was as good a time as any to get started. Thus, I made a video tribute to Leonard Nimoy for this week's post. 
I know it's not anything like my usual content, but I explain in the video (which can be found here) more about that. Now, the video didn't exactly go the way I had planned, but I felt the need to get it out there anyway. I may write a textual tribute to him that says more about what I wanted it to, and I may make another video. I also may just leave it be. We'll see. For now, though, please just enjoy this video as well as you can.
In honour of Mr. Nimoy today's closing will be a little different, so Don't Forget To
Live Long and Prosper,
Ilana

No comments:

Post a Comment